Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hotel Administration proudly presents "Hospitality Got Talent"

PSD is abbreviation of Professional Skill Development. It's an event held once a semester by all sub departments in Hospitality Department. Its regularly held by the end of semester right  before semester final test. Every sub department usually has their own unique concept according to their major. I'll go straight forward to share what my major has done in this year.
This year I was assigned to be the leader of PSD. Honestly there was a moment i felt no confident with my self as a leader. But I didnt let the fear takes over the situation. I decided to keep going because I was willing to grow up. Luckily i wasn't alone to deal with this challenge. I was equipped with wonderful people beside me and ready to help me to succeed this event. After holding a couple of meetings we finally found a concept we all agreed. We named it "Hospitality Got Talent". Truly the concept was inspired from a happening television program with similar name. During more less a month preparation we did all best for the success of our event. we did budgeting, designing letters, decoration, advertising, consumption, logistic, setting the date and venue and many more.
The day finally came, it was Monday 5th December 2011 at Dome STPB. we invited all students from all departments to come to our PSD. We felt so glad to know that we got a good respond from them. There was a quite big number of students came to visit our event. In our PSD, the visitors were not only entertained by the performance of participants but also the food bazaar, we sold foods, beverages and even clothing. Here we also learned about entrepreneurship. some of revenues generated we gave away to help the lack of cash of Grand Tour Bali. In summary i conclude that PSD Hotel Administrration 2011 "Hospitality Got Talent" is successfully done. thanks folks thanks Jesus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment